[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Use ChangeLog date instead of build date (!928)
Development of GNU's TLS library
gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Fri Feb 15 17:04:37 CET 2019
New Merge Request !928
Project:Branches: bmwiedemann/gnutls:date to gnutls/gnutls:master
Author: Bernhard M. Wiedemann
Add a description of the new feature/bug fix. Reference any relevant bugs.
* [X] Code modified for feature
* [ ] Test suite updated with functionality tests
* [ ] Test suite updated with negative tests
* [ ] Documentation updated / NEWS entry present (for non-trivial changes)
## Reviewer's checklist:
* [ ] Any issues marked for closing are addressed
* [ ] There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
* [ ] Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent and according to `CONTRIBUTION.md`
* [ ] This feature/change has adequate documentation added
* [ ] No obvious mistakes in the code
Without this patch, building gnutls in the year 2034 produced such a diff in various binaries:
/usr/bin/certtool differs in ELF section .rodata
@@ -1150,7 +1150,7 @@
2e790 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 ................
2e7a0 63657274 746f6f6c 20332e36 2e360a43 certtool 3.6.6.C
2e7b0 6f707972 69676874 20284329 20323030 opyright (C) 200
- 2e7c0 302d3230 31392046 72656520 536f6674 0-2019 Free Soft
+ 2e7c0 302d3230 33342046 72656520 536f6674 0-2034 Free Soft
2e7d0 77617265 20466f75 6e646174 696f6e2c ware Foundation,
2e7e0 20616e64 206f7468 6572732c 20616c6c and others, all
2e7f0 20726967 68747320 72657365 72766564 rights reserved
See https://reproducible-builds.org/ for why this matters.
Also claiming Copyright for future years seems wrong.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/merge_requests/928
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnutls-devel