[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls 3.6 pseudo-randomly breaks VLC HTTP/2 (#713)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sat Feb 23 18:45:55 CET 2019

> Could you confirm that false start "completion" is completely internal, and that there's no way for the calling application to know about this? Which makes us chose between either:

The false start completion is internal but an application can assume that when the first recv operation is successfully completed, the handshake is also completed.

I'll rename the bug to be more descriptive and add a small documentation patch to clarify the situation with false start and early start in relation with threads. We keep this open however so that we know and we can address in one of the next releases.