[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | optional: Add support for ed448 (#128)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Tue Feb 4 11:57:45 CET 2020

Vladimír Čunát commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/128#note_282081043

Thanks for this feature, Ueno-san.

My packaging was set up to use separately built nettle which I updated to latest git for testing.  I believe this separation is common in most Linux distributions, so we're now mainly looking forward to nettle 3.6 release, so it has a chance to get into distributions early (say, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, hopefully).

After [some small tweaks](https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/knot/knot-dns/merge_requests/1105) in our code, DNSSEC validation of ed448 appeared OK on a few test cases.  Probably even singing zones should just work, but I haven't tested that so far.