[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Hard requirement of libev breaks builds (#898)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Sun Jan 5 19:06:55 CET 2020

Andreas Metzler commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/898#note_267307724

Tim Rühsen 🛠 @rockdaboot wrote:
> You mean they don't run any tests ? At least for Debian packages are (often ?) built directly from git. I am not an expert here, but did building some Debian packages.

Hello Tim,

Debian's GnuTLS packages are normally based on release tarballs. I have occasionally uploaded GIT snapshots to experimental to get some pre-release testing but in that case I did not simply tar up the git repo but ran "make dist" on the checkout. So even in that case we were not running the CI testsuite but the release-tarball machinery.

(The Debian packaging itself is also kept in a GIT repository but that is unrelated.)