[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Missing Subject Alternative Name Type - registeredID (#905)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Jan 16 07:47:23 CET 2020

Andreas Metzler commented:

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos @nmav wrote
> That would be great. I am afraid that the regression is present on master as well and only work arounded because of registered ID being supported.

Good morning,

Succeeded on buster after downgrading gperf to 3.0.4:

c565d16ef6595d4f87f3f6db90f44097fb2e07b8 is the first bad commit

    x509: optimize subject alternative name access

    That reads SAN and IAN early on import, significantly reducing
    the running time of functions which iterate over the alternative
    names of a certificate, e.g., gnutls_x509_crt_check_hostname().

Relates #165