[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Missing Subject Alternative Name Type - registeredID (#905)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Jan 16 23:26:46 CET 2020

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos commented:

Hmm, I had hopes for a more clear case. The problem is that we fail while reading the SAN if we do not support the name. The ones we do not support in master are:
 - x400Address
 - ediPartyName

It does not make sense to add support for them, and maybe there are not even certificates containing that we can test with. However it would be good to skip these names instead of failing them and mark them under an UNKNOWN field. I'll change the bug description to reflect that.