[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | fips: tighten check on DH parameters according to SP800-56A (rev 3) (!1295)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Mon Jun 29 07:25:20 CEST 2020

Stephan Mueller commented:

The check in itself is good and I have no comments.

Yet, I am wondering about the following: the check is added to `_gnutls_proc_dh_common_server_kx`. This function seems to indicate that the call is in the TLS server. But shouldn't the call be also in the client  considering that the server sends the domain parameters to the client? That said, wouldn't the check be better found in the actual DH function like gnutls_pk_derive or similar?