[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | WIP: Compare DNs by comparing their string representations (!1223)

Development of GNU's TLS library gnutls-devel at lists.gnutls.org
Thu Mar 26 14:42:09 CET 2020

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos started a new discussion on lib/x509/dn.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1223#note_311986671

>  _gnutls_x509_compare_raw_dn(const gnutls_datum_t * dn1,
>  			    const gnutls_datum_t * dn2)
>  {
> +	int ret;
> +	gnutls_datum_t str1, str2;
> +

Something else that comes to mind. It may be a good idea to document what parts of DN comparison we are implementing here. To my understanding we are not using the full RFC5280 comparison, but instead we compare whether there is a raw match, or there is a match one the textual contents irrespective of tags. Correct?