[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | [OSX, GnuTLS 3.6.15] "sed -i" requires null-length arg. if in-place editing doesn't require a backup file (#1088)

Sun Sep 13 10:19:00 CEST 2020

Daiki Ueno commented:

Thank you for the report. That part (the `stamp_functions` rule) is designed to be run by the maintainers to produce a distribution tarball, rather than by the users to install from the tarball, which should contain all the necessary files including the generated ones. Thus my question is how you encounter the issue.

If you build from git or do bootstrapping for some reason, then you would nevertheless need a GNU compatible sed; it can be specified with `SED=gsed ./configure ...` or something like that.

If you see the error when building from a release tarball, then I suspect something is going wrong in the tarball itself or on your environment (e.g., clock skew).