[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutlsxx: become header-only library (!1622)

Tue Aug 2 03:17:25 CEST 2022

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/Makefile.am: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1622#note_1047158138

>  # C++ library
>
>  if ENABLE_CXX
> -libgnutlsxx_la_CPPFLAGS = -I$(top_srcdir)/includes -I$(top_builddir)/includes -I$(srcdir)/includes
>
>  AM_CXXFLAGS = \
>  	-I$(srcdir)/includes	\
>  	-I$(builddir)/includes
>
> -lib_LTLIBRARIES += libgnutlsxx.la

Unless we target the next major release, I suspect we might still need to ship this shared library for binary compatibility (e.g., if the shared library suddenly removed from the distribution package, existing applications linked to it will stop working).