[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | fips: add mechanism to embed FIPS module name in the library (!1508)

Thu Jan 13 11:13:30 CET 2022

Florian Weimer commented on a discussion: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1508#note_809313886

If you have a compelling use case, the `PT_INTERP` hack could still be the way to go. I see you use an ELF constructor. I haven't checked how essential it is for the library operation (and that of its reverse dependencies). I recall that explicit initialization was once needed to get the base64 converts to work …

With the `write` change, the glibc side should be *fairly* solid, the only remaining issue is the lack of ELF constructor execution.