[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | gnutls_rnd manage memory per-thread (!1647)

Wed Oct 19 11:25:39 CEST 2022

Merge request https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1647 was reviewed by Daiki Ueno

--
  <!-- Get preloaded note discussion-->

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/random.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1647#note_1141115051

nit: the previous style was more aligned with the Linux kernel coding style: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/coding-style.html#commenting

--
  <!-- Get preloaded note discussion-->

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/random.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1647#note_1141115065

> +/* A global list of all allocated contexts.
> + * A safety measure in case thread specific
> + * context cannot be freed on thread exit */

nit: comment style

--
  <!-- Get preloaded note discussion-->

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on lib/random.c: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1647#note_1141115069

> +static void delete_ctx(void *ctx)
> +{
> +	gnutls_static_mutex_lock(&gnutls_rnd_list_mutex);

Good to check the return value (or explicitly ignore it with `(void)` cast).

--
  <!-- Get preloaded note discussion-->

Daiki Ueno started a new discussion on bootstrap.conf: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/merge_requests/1647#note_1141115077

>  common_modules="
> -alloca attribute byteswap c-ctype c-strcase explicit_bzero fopen-gnu func getline gettext-h gettimeofday hash hash-pjw-bare arpa_inet inet_ntop inet_pton intprops lock memmem-simple minmax netdb netinet_in read-file secure_getenv setsockopt snprintf stdint stpcpy strcase strdup-posix strndup strtok_r strverscmp sys_socket sys_stat sys_types threadlib time_r unistd valgrind-tests vasprintf verify vsnprintf xalloc-oversized
> +alloca attribute byteswap c-ctype c-strcase explicit_bzero fopen-gnu func getline gettext-h gettimeofday hash hash-pjw-bare arpa_inet inet_ntop inet_pton intprops linkedhash-list list lock memmem-simple minmax netdb netinet_in read-file secure_getenv setsockopt snprintf stdint stpcpy strcase strdup-posix strndup strtok_r strverscmp sys_socket sys_stat sys_types threadlib time_r tls unistd valgrind-tests vasprintf verify vsnprintf xalloc-oversized

`linkedhash-list` depends on `list`, so I suppose it's automatically pulled in?