[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | Instructions for `--priority` ignored. (#1479)

Tue Apr 4 17:54:23 CEST 2023

Andreas Metzler commented:

@Ricky-Tigg wrote
"Nowadays (version 3.7.9) gnutls-cli(1)"

> Supposing it is so, that would be the first time i work with a newer version of installed man-page from the distribution repository i enabled than the one a developer of a related project works with. That is most improbable.

I have a hard time parsing this. You have never said what version of GnuTLS you were unhappy with.

> Therefore very link https://www.gnutls.org/documentation.html appears to be invariably missing > along with each sentence beginning with that formulation:
>
> "Check the GnuTLS manual on section “Priority strings” for more information on"

> Your very mention illustrates it. If only that link could be guessed from the writer's > expressions "GnuTLS manual" and "section “Priority strings”". It sadly turns to be the most banal issue since related to documentation.

I do not get your problem. Was the term "GnuTLS manual" not clear enough? Did you try to find it and failed to find it?