[gnutls-devel] GnuTLS | certtool --generate-privkey Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction when needle is built with x86-sha-ni (#1496)

Mon Aug 28 13:05:51 CEST 2023

Kirixetamine commented: https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1496#note_1531998063

Hi, I'm not sure if this should be reported here. I found this issue as I have the same problem with `_nettle_sha256_compress_n` on a different program ([Gradience](https://github.com/GradienceTeam/Gradience)).
I am also using Gentoo, where nettle is by default compiled with the `cpu_flags_x86_sha` useflag on capable CPUs. Disabling it resolves the error like in your case with gnutls, so this does not seem to be gnutls-specific.