[Help-gnutls] gnutls_write semantics

Jon Nelson jnelson at securepipe.com
Mon Oct 29 18:13:20 CET 2001

I have been looking at using GNUTLS for a personal project,
and didn't see explicit support for non-blocking I/O until
0.2.9 -- however, I read this in the source file and changelogs
and it disturbs me -- it this statement still valid, and if so,
will it be fixed (soon)?  Otherwise, using GNUTLS for this
particular project will have to wait.

  * If the EINTR is returned by the internal push function (write())
  * then GNUTLS_E_INTERRUPTED, will be returned. If GNUTLS_E_INTERRUPTED
or
  * GNUTLS_E_AGAIN is returned you must call this function again, with the

  * same (exactly) parameters. Otherwise the write operation will be
  * corrupted and the connection will be terminated.

On a side note: is the a logic behind returning something other than
(-1,0,>0) in gnutls_{read,write} ?

--
Jon Nelson                \|/ ____ \|/   Gort,
jnelson at securepipe.com    "@'/ ,. \`@"   Klaatu