[Help-gnutls] segfault in internal function

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Apr 27 17:55:55 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 15:29, Regit wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm writing back on this thread because my investigations bring me to a
> point where I found the point where the crash occurs (using
> gnutls-1.0.24).
> In a gdb session I've got :

> #0  0x00002aaaab1f8bf8 in _gnutls_ciphertext2compressed (session=0x5efea0,
> compress_data=0x60f210 "\001", compress_size=16384, ciphertext= {data =
> 0x5f25f5
It is very unlikely that an error occurs there. Most probably there memory is
corrupted somewhere else and the error triggers here. Do you use compression
btw? Does your server work perfectly without gnutls? Is your locking code for
libgcrypt ok?

Since, I've gnutls works perfectly in other multi-threaded servers, I'd say
that most likely the problem isn't in gnutls.

--
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos