[Help-gnutls] statically linked libgnutls doesn't pull in zlib

kyle cronan kyle at pbx.org
Thu Aug 3 03:28:55 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

This is really pretty minor, but when I tried to link my application
statically I got some undefined symbols, such as deflate, that are
part of zlib.  So I had to add this to my application's dependencies
even though I don't use zlib directly.

I see that in the libgnutls.la file, it has

dependency_libs=' -L/usr/lib -lz /usr/lib/libgcrypt.la -lnsl -lgpg-error   '

So I don't know why those symbols don't end up in libgnutls.a.  I just
thought I'd post in case somebody knows an easy fix.

Kyle Cronan
<kyle at pbx.org>