[Help-gnutls] statically linked libgnutls doesn't pull in zlib

Matthias Urlichs smurf at smurf.noris.de
Thu Aug 3 08:49:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

kyle cronan:
> dependency_libs=' -L/usr/lib -lz /usr/lib/libgcrypt.la -lnsl -lgpg-error   '
>
> So I don't know why those symbols don't end up in libgnutls.a.  I just
> thought I'd post in case somebody knows an easy fix.

The easy fix is to add -lz to that dependency_libs line.
(You might want to submit a patch.)

Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf at smurf.noris.de
 - -
...it quickly becomes apparent that the world of our experience (which
is all we can talk about) is made up of pairs of opposites and that,
strictly speaking, any aspect of reality derives its substance or
concreteness from the existence of its opposite.