[Help-gnutls] Re: Libtasn1 0.3.3

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Tue May 9 13:57:08 CEST 2006

Roman Bogorodskiy <novel at FreeBSD.org> writes:

>  - "-Wno-pointer-sign" flag has been added to CFLAGS for gcc. IMHO, it's
>    gcc 4.x thing only. At least, it doesn't work here with gcc 3.4.4.

Ouch, that's really bad.  We'll probably have to roll a 0.3.4 to fix
that.  I guess that it should only be used if 'gcc --help --verbose'
contain "-Wpointer-sign".

>  - Since libtasn1 0.3.0 _asn1* symbols are not visible anymore, while
>    gnutls 1.2.x (current stable version) uses them and, that way, fails
>    to build with libtasn1 >= 0.3.0. I wrote a personal message to you
>    but have not got a reply. Is there any chance to build gnutls 1.2.x
>    with libtasn1 0.3.x? Is the attached patch correct?

I'll release gnutls 1.2.11 shortly that should work fine with the
recent libtasn1 versions.  You must disable the X.509 XML stuff in
gnutls 1.2 to be able to link to libtasn1 cleanly.

Thanks,
Simon