[Help-gnutls] "operation is not possible without initialized secure memory"

John Brooks john at yarbbles.com
Tue Nov 21 02:01:05 CET 2006

I use GnuTLS in an application (ircd) frequently, and this code has
been running flawlessly on many systems so far - this particular one,
it seems to break on, and as far as I can tell that is not the fault
of the system itself.

When generating DH params (gnutls_dh_params_generate2), I get a
message printed to stderr and then the application exits (code 2):

operation is not possible without initialized secure memory

Immediately before this, loading the certificate and privkey seems to
fail (" ASN1 parser: Error in DER parsing."), but that is not what
causes this error (directly, at least).

Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have any idea why it
would be happening?

Source for the SSL part of the application can be seen at:

http://svn.inspircd.org/index.cgi/trunk/inspircd/src/modules/extra/m_ssl_gnutls.cpp?view=co