[Help-gnutls] Re: ASN1 parsing problem - library version mismatch?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Jul 12 12:14:47 CEST 2007

test test <kennminitaus at yahoo.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using version 1.2.0 of GnuTLS on a debian machine
> and during SSL setup for an application I use
> "gnutls_certificate_set_x509_key_file" method.
> Everything works fine, no error is returned if I
> connect with any browser, but if I use same on a
> different machine and compile it there (GnuTLS 1.6.1)
> the method returns an ASN1 Parser problem for DER.
> Since the certificate/key file which I use is
> identical, I'm quite confused about this behaviour.
>
> I already had a look at mailing list archives and also
> at documentation (even changelog/release notes) but I
> did not find any sign why this problem appears.
> Please give me information regarding the same and also
> any remedy to get rid of the problem

Hi!  That's quite strange, and I don't recall anything that has changed
intentionally that may cause that behaviour.

I understand you may not want to send your private key to us, but could
you perhaps re-create a similar blob using another private key, and see
if you can reproduce the problem, and send that blob to us?

Alternatively, you could gdb the function and single step and let us
know which function fails.