[Help-gnutls] gnutls query-- want to suppress comnpilation of libgnutls-extra.so

Amit kumar mail.kumar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:57:31 CEST 2007

Hi All,

Our application is providing support for TLS using gnutls library version
1.4.1.

As we are only using functions defined in library libgnutls.so do we need
libgnutls-extra.so.

We are not using openPGP and openSSL feature provided by
libgnutls-extra.soand thus want to suppress the compilation of
gnutls-extra library when
compiling gnutls source. Is there any way to do it.

I have verified using ldd command that libgnutls-extra.so requires
libgnutls.so for linking and not vice versa thus libgnutls.so library can be
used independently.

I just need some information on how to avoid compilation of libgnutls-extra.

An early help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Amit Kumar