[Help-gnutls] Re: gnutls query-- want to suppress comnpilation of libgnutls-extra.so

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Jun 29 14:07:17 CEST 2007

"Amit kumar" <mail.kumar at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Our application is providing support for TLS using gnutls library version
> 1.4.1.

Hi and welcome!

> As we are only using functions defined in library libgnutls.so do we need
> libgnutls-extra.so.

No.

> We are not using openPGP and openSSL feature provided by
> libgnutls-extra.soand thus want to suppress the compilation of
> gnutls-extra library when
> compiling gnutls source. Is there any way to do it.

Just don't link your application against libgnutls-extra and you should
be fine.

> I have verified using ldd command that libgnutls-extra.so requires
> libgnutls.so for linking and not vice versa thus libgnutls.so library can be
> used independently.

Correct.

> I just need some information on how to avoid compilation of libgnutls-extra.
>
> An early help would be appreciated.

If you really need to avoid _compiling_ libgnutls-extra (although I
don't see why?), you could run './configure' and then invoke 'make
install' manually in lgl/, gl/, includes/, and lib/.

However, I recommend that you simply do 'make install' and then decide
when linking your application whether to use libgnutls-extra or not.