[Help-gnutls] Re: GnuTLS vs OpenSSL vs NSS

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu May 3 18:04:44 CEST 2007

devel <dev001 at pas-world.com> writes:

> El jue, 03-05-2007 a las 14:03 +0200, Simon Josefsson escribió:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've created some tables with a comparison between common TLS
>> implementations.  I'm running short of ideas on things to compare.  Any
>> ideas or suggestions?  The URL is:
>
> Suggestion:
>
> Implementations of usable software. In this, I think that gnutls is less
> than OpenSSL, for example mod_ssl of apache. Vitality of projects that
> support GNUTLS, OPENSSL,...
> Lifetime projects.

I find it difficult to measure those things.  Any suggestion exactly how
a table measuring those things would look like?

> Critical bugs.

A list of published vulnerabilities may be relevant here...

> Support to hardware accelerator and other devices.

Adding it would be good.

> Lines of code.

I added a 'code size' Table.  The 60kLoc is for the core library.  I'm
not sure what a good way to compute kloc is for a project with required
dependencies...  Anyway, it is a start.