[Help-gnutls] gnutls 1.6.3, Mac os x 10.4.10, and https connection

David Reiser dbreiser at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 02:02:34 CET 2007

I'm hoping someone can recognize this behavior without the normal amount of
detail -- since I don't know how to supply more at the moment.

A utility I use (aqbanking and gwenhywfar) is switching from openssl to
gnutls. The new version works on Linux, but not on macs. The behavior I'm
seeing in wireshark logs is that my mac is sending a TCP FIN immediately
after sending the Client Hello. Then it responds with RST to the server's
Server Hello and attempts to establish handshaking. Naturally, I never
complete a connection under these conditions.

The wireshark logs also indicate that I'm sending Client Hello using SSL.
Under the gwenhywfar that uses openssl, the Client Hello is sent using
SSLv2. Remember, though, that the new stuff works on Linux.

Does anyone have either troubleshooting advice or a fix?

Thanks.

Dave