[Help-gnutls] trouble with OpenPGP DSA MPI extraction and OpenPGP private subkeys

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg-debian.org at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Apr 2 04:42:20 CEST 2008

Hey GnuTLS folks--

The development branch of gnutls is looking really nice with 2.3.4.
It's got functionality that i've been looking for for a while, in
particular the capabilities for MPI extraction and transformation.

I've just been playing around with the openpgp functions, and ran into
a couple stumbling blocks.  I opened a ticket about each of them:

 * DSA MPI extraction fails: i get GNUTLS_E_OPENPGP_GETKEY_FAILED when
   calling gnutls_openpgp_privkey_export_dsa_raw():

      http://trac.gnutls.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/21

 * gnutls should be able to read OpenPGP secret-subkey packets the
   same way as it reads secret-key packets

      http://trac.gnutls.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/22

I'm happy to discuss them either here or on the ticket tracker, if
it's better for the developers -- i wasn't sure what the protocol was,
but i thought i'd give a heads-up here at least.

Regards,

        --dkg