[Help-gnutls] Re: trouble with OpenPGP DSA MPI extraction and OpenPGP private subkeys

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Apr 2 12:05:29 CEST 2008

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg-debian.org at fifthhorseman.net> writes:

> Hey GnuTLS folks--
>
> The development branch of gnutls is looking really nice with 2.3.4.
> It's got functionality that i've been looking for for a while, in
> particular the capabilities for MPI extraction and transformation.
>
> I've just been playing around with the openpgp functions, and ran into
> a couple stumbling blocks.  I opened a ticket about each of them:
>
>  * DSA MPI extraction fails: i get GNUTLS_E_OPENPGP_GETKEY_FAILED when
>    calling gnutls_openpgp_privkey_export_dsa_raw():
>
>       http://trac.gnutls.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/21
>
>  * gnutls should be able to read OpenPGP secret-subkey packets the
>    same way as it reads secret-key packets
>
>       http://trac.gnutls.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/22
>
> I'm happy to discuss them either here or on the ticket tracker, if
> it's better for the developers -- i wasn't sure what the protocol was,
> but i thought i'd give a heads-up here at least.

A heads-up on the list is appreciated, there is no automatic
notification from the trac.gnutls.org.

This looks all OpenCDK/OpenPGP related, so I hope Nikos or Timo will
have time to look into it.  To understand if this should delay the
release, are these regressions compared to 2.2.x?  How important do you
think it is to fix this before the next stable release?

Thanks,
Simon