[Help-gnutls] Beginner's question

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 18:06:40 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I have just begun looking at GNUTls. I intend to implement TLS for my
rsyslog project - http://www.rsyslog.com (a GPLed replacement
syslogd).  I am currently developing on Fedora 8 with GNUTls 1.6.3. I
obtained and compiled the sample programs. However, I do not have any
pem files and intended to create them via the steps outlined in

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/gnutls/gnutls.html#SECTION00930000000000000000

For my last try, I did exactly follow the steps on that page, from top
to bottom. When I now run certtool --certificate-info, I get good info
on ca-cert.pem, but for cert.pem I always just get "Decoding error:
Base64 decoding error." (and of course the same happens inside my
simple server).

Any advise on what I am doing wrong would be deeply appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rainer