[Help-gnutls] Re: gnutls 2.3.4 doesn't copile using MinGW

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Apr 17 10:59:43 CEST 2008

Massimo Gaspari <massimo.gaspari at alice.it> writes:

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> Massimo Gaspari <massimo.gaspari at alice.it> writes:
>>
>>   What about doing the same for GnuTLS builds too?  Chances are that
>> you'll get static libraries out of it that builds, at least I do using
>> MinGW under linux.
>
> I tried. It seems that the vasprintf issue disappeared.

Which matches was happened with mingw under linux.  This is quite
surprising to me, perhaps some vasprintf configure test turn out
different when building shared libraries?  I dunno.

> But I got other issues related to undefined references. I have to
> investigate more on that.  But I'm about to have a successful
> compilation of the static libraries..so I'll see

Ok no problem.  Building static libraries should be supported, so I
appreciate your effort in going through these problems (and especially
for reporting them!).

>>> Anyway I switched back to --disable-asm.
>>>

>> I'm not sure I understand -- did you get errors if you removed it?
>>
>> /Simon
>>

> No problem. But I'd like to change one thing at a time. Once I'm able
> to compile gnutls I'll remove the --disable-shared.
> As far as you know are the assembler routine reliable?

Yes, they are used by most users.  However, if you get assembler related
build errors, it is usually not worth the effort to track it down; just
use --disable-asm instead.