[Help-gnutls] gnutls_transport_ptr and int fd's

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 17:19:29 CEST 2008

Hi all,

[working on Fedora 8 with GCC]

I have a minor nit. The root cause is probably not in GnuTLS but in me
overlooking something...

I supply the int fd I got from socket() to gnutls_transport_set_ptr().
However, when I do so, I receive the following GCC warning:

cast to pointer from integer of different size

This is annoying during the build process, but of course tolerable. I
would prefer to see this warning go away, but I do not like to reduce
GCCs warning level. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rainer

PS: I have finally gotten my code ready for TLS implementation. I
managed to send the first TLS records within an hour or so. Good
examples, excellent API [of course, my implementation is currently far
from being secure ;)].