[Help-gnutls] gnutls-2.3.7 not installing OpenSSL-compatibility headers?

Dennis Heuer dh at triple-media.com
Mon Apr 21 21:04:09 CEST 2008

Hello,

I tried to install gnutls-2.2.2 on a freshly bootstrapped, plain
X86_64 linux 2.6.25 system with GCC 4.3.0 and the rest up-to-date too.
The build failed because of a relocation problem (definitions not in
local scope). This is why I tried 2.3.7, and it seemed to work fine.
However, though it did not 'disable' OpenSSL-compatibility (taken from
config.log), there are finally no compatibility headers on the
filesystem. I wouldn't care if not the xorg-server were dependent on
OpenSSL. Do I have to activate something or type make install-compat or
similar?

Regards,
Dennis Heuer