[Help-gnutls] Re: gnutls-2.3.7 not installing OpenSSL-compatibility headers?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Apr 29 23:36:46 CEST 2008

Dennis Heuer <dh at triple-media.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to install gnutls-2.2.2 on a freshly bootstrapped, plain
> X86_64 linux 2.6.25 system with GCC 4.3.0 and the rest up-to-date too.
> The build failed because of a relocation problem (definitions not in
> local scope). This is why I tried 2.3.7, and it seemed to work fine.
> However, though it did not 'disable' OpenSSL-compatibility (taken from
> config.log), there are finally no compatibility headers on the
> filesystem. I wouldn't care if not the xorg-server were dependent on
> OpenSSL. Do I have to activate something or type make install-compat or
> similar?

No, the default install should have installed
$prefix/include/gnutls/openssl.h for you.  Didn't it work?  Note that
our openssl compat library requires source modifications to include the
new header file.  It is also rather limited in functionality it
provides.

Btw, we hope to release an updated stable 2.2.x release that fixes the
relocation problem (which only happens with gcc 4.3.x).