[Help-gnutls] Re: GnuTLS and valgrind errors

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Jun 5 22:02:54 CEST 2008

Btw, I just wrote a new self-test tests/mini.c that does a TLS handshake
without using fork or any other system-specific functions.  It should be
perfect to use as a starting point to find memory leaks...

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnutls.git;a=blob;f=tests/mini.c;hb=HEAD

...however, running valgrind on it right now only prints the 5 "normal"
libgcrypt related memory leaks.

I also ran kcachegrind on it, but the most time-consuming gnutls
function is gnutls_global_deinit which is hardly worth optimizing.  The
majority of time is spent inside libgcrypt doing mpi operations.

I'll try to get time to extend the self-test to test X.509, OpenPGP etc.
It would be nice to test through all of the ciphersuites...  or even
have a big program that calls all functions in gnutls, so we can do
automated code-coverage tests.