some strange decryption errors + one enhancement notice

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Sep 11 16:28:31 CEST 2009

Miroslav Kratochvil <exa.exa at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using GnuTLS library to develop a small and secure networking
> tool, see [1]. Recently I came to a very strange problem:
>
> My application is used for data transfer, and all sockets used are
> non-blocking. When there's too much of data to send, it usually comes
> to the state that the application needs to write, but socket is full
> (resulting in returning a 'would block' from gnutls_record_send() and
> waiting for a writeable socket). In these cases, the application
> usually starts to randomly fail in this way:

Which version?  2.8.2 fixed a bug for non-blocking use:

** libgnutls: Avoid internal error when invoked after GNUTLS_E_AGAIN.
Report and patch by Tim Kosse <tim.kosse at filezilla-project.org> in
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel/3671>
and
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel/3670>.

I'm not sure it is the same as you are seeing though...