2.10.1

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Aug 31 00:02:51 CEST 2010

On 08/30/2010 10:44 PM, HOY Mike wrote:
> The decompression error is coming from gnutls in gnutls_cipher.c, the
> last size test in _gnutls_ciphertext2compressed.  The TLS Session is
> setup WITHOUT compression, at least, according to the packet exchange
> before the keys are exchanged.

Then please enable logging using gnutls_global_set_log_function() and
gnutls_global_set_log_level().

> The thing that makes we look at gnutls is that with Opera I can transfer
> the file without trouble.  And all of this is being done without client
> certificates.

What is the server on the other side of the connection? The plaintext
value of 16488 is clearly violating the TLS spec. The maximum size for a
TLS record is 16484, and I guess this is the reason why gnutls is
complaining.