RSA sign/verify and hash generation functions

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Dec 16 17:11:51 CET 2010

On 12/15/2010 06:47 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]

What do you mean by key size? The indicator returned by
gnutls_pubkey_get_pk_algorithm()?

> Also, I have a need to, given a private key already imported, output a public key in PEM format to a buffer.  The code I have now is doing this:
> gnutls_x509_privkey_init(A)
> gnutls_x509_privkey_import(A)
> gnutls_x509_privkey_export_rsa_raw(A, m, e, otherstuff)
> gnutls_pubkey_init(B)
> gnutls_pubkey_import_rsa_raw(B, m, e)
> gnutls_pubkey_export(B, PEM, buf, &buflen)
> Should that give me what I want, or do you have another interface to
suggest?

I've just added (not tested yet) gnutls_pubkey_import_privkey() that
will import the public parameters from a gnutls_privkey_t structure.

Thus it would still be quite some calls, but you don't need to export
anything. How does it look?

gnutls_x509_privkey_init(A)
gnutls_x509_privkey_import(A)
gnutls_privkey_init(P)