gnutls 2.11.7

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Thu Mar 10 11:40:04 CET 2011

On 03/ 9/11 07:57 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The GnuTLS 2.11.x branch is NOT what you want for your stable system.
> It is intended for developers and experienced users.

I just downloaded it to test on OpenSolaris, and noticed this.

drkirkby at hawk:~/gnutls-2.11.7$ ./configure --help | grep "GNU ld"
   --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld default=no
   --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld [default=no]

The --with-gnu-ld option is mentioned twice.

I've not tested on OpenSolaris yet, as I don't have Libnettle, so would need to
build that first.

I know 2.2.1 failed to build on HP-UX:

I don't know if that issue has been resolved, but I'll try a compile on HP-UX later.