gnutls 2.11.7

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Mar 10 17:24:00 CET 2011

On 03/10/2011 11:40 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> On 03/ 9/11 07:57 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>> Hello,
>> The GnuTLS 2.11.x branch is NOT what you want for your stable system.
>> It is intended for developers and experienced users.
> I just downloaded it to test on OpenSolaris, and noticed this.
> drkirkby at hawk:~/gnutls-2.11.7$ ./configure --help | grep "GNU ld"
>   --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld default=no
>   --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld [default=no]
> The --with-gnu-ld option is mentioned twice.

It's also in my system. It seems it is because it is defined by
libtool.m4 and lib-ld.m4... I have no idea on that. Maybe Simon
could help.

> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7511
> I don't know if that issue has been resolved, but I'll try a compile on
> HP-UX later.

This affects the gnutls-serv program and you shouldn't worry on that
if you only need the library. Anyway it seems sys_socket.in.h from
gnulib doesn't define sockaddr_socket for your system.