How to compile GnuTLS examples using headers from custom build

Peter Penzov peter.penzov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:46:06 CET 2012

Hi,
   I want to compile GnuTLS examples. I use this command to compile example:

gcc -o server ex-serv-srp.c  -lgnutls  -Wall -Werror -g

The problem is that I have default gnutls-2.8.5-4.el6.i686 package
installed on Centos 6.2. I suppose that when I try to compile the example
with -lgnutls argument the headers from the installed rpm are used.

I want to use headers from my custom build which is compiled in
/opt/gnutls-3.0.8. and /usr/local/lib/libgnutls.so. Where I can find the
header files into the gnutls build direcotry?
How I can include them during compilation time?

Best wishes