[gnutls-help] nettle and hogweed

MK mk at cognitivedissonance.ca
Wed Feb 6 17:58:10 CET 2013

You need to fix configure so that makes a check for libhogweed
*explicit* instead of bailing out by saying "could not find nettle"!

[I just posted a whiny related note to the gnutls-devel list address
by accident, to which I don't subscribe.  Hopefully that bounced --
sorry]

Anyway, I had googled and the only thing I found was another note from
a year or so ago to which Nikos said, "Well, it works for me", lol.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnutls/2011-12/msg00021.html

Perhaps, not the only person who has gotten snagged with this and may
have never found the solution:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7702656/error-when-cross-compiling-gnutls

Anyway, I looked in the config.log, saw the -lhogweed bit, googled
about that, and found more mail from Nikos last month explaining the
libnettle - gmp - hogweed issue.

Maybe putting a note on the web page would be nice too.  I just wasted
a half hour on this. :(

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)