[gnutls-help] Using GnuTLS with an HSM

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Jul 19 14:45:29 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Horst Freiburger <hfusa at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Nikos,
> thanks for your reply.
> So i think i will test the things (and do some test-implementations) you
> said in the near future. Any tipps to program the hook thing? Is the use of
> function-pointers a good solution to implement this? (maybe i can also
> imspire myself of your hook implementation)

I think function pointers seem like the simplest solution.

> Another question to do the implementation tests:
> I use the gnutls windows-version in Dev-C++ using mingw. Does a little
> tutorial exists where the compiling of the gnutls-sourcecode for windows is
> explained?

Compiling gnutls in windows is something unknown to me. I
cross-compile gnutls using mingw64 in a Debian system (see the
cross.mk makefile).

However, I'd suggest to use the Orwell dev-cpp (the original has been
quite inactive for many years). I had released some devpaks for orwell
dev-cpp but they are pretty old right now. You can generate them (in a
Linux system) from the gnutls repository using cross.mk as well (and
the devpak rule).

[0]. http://orwelldevcpp.blogspot.be/
[1]. ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnutls/w32/