[gnutls-help] DTSL ASYNC Operation

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Jul 25 12:12:16 CEST 2013

On 07/24/2013 06:50 AM, Naresh Sunkara wrote:
> I am exploring using GNUTLS for CAPWAP implemention using DTLS. The place
> where I got struck was the following,
>
> in DTSL code, GNUTLS calls pull_timeout_func. It assumes to be a
> synchronous call from the library. I want to multiplex multiple session in
> a single event loop using libev. With the current implementaiton of GNUTLS,
> do you have any ideas, by which I can handle this situation.

Hello Naresh,
 GnuTLS can operate asynchronously if you tell it so. There is the
GNUTLS_NONBLOCK flag that can be set in gnutls_init(). You can see some
discussion in:
http://gnutls.org/manual/html_node/Asynchronous-operation.html#Asynchronous-operation

In those cases the pull_timeout_func() will be called with a timeout
value of 0.