[gnutls-help] Installing the Dependencies

Stephen Nightingale night at nist.gov
Thu Nov 7 22:52:55 CET 2013

I'm trying to install GnuTLS 3.2.0 (because I want to use it with the
python wrapper pygnutils).
It has dependencies of nettle and gmp.
Turns out that gmp is a dependency of nettle and nettle+gmp is a
dependency of gnutils.
I ran gmp and installed the library in /usr/local/lib64/libgmp.la
So I need to configure nettle to pick up the libgmp library.
The gGnuTLS documentation says 'link with -lhogweed -lnettle -lgmp'
But of course I have to do this several layers of abstraction back in
the nettle configure file.
I tried all kinds of combinations of command line arguments to
./configure, but they all fail.
The standard ./configure for nettle creates it without gmp.

HOW can I call ./configure in nettle to pick up libgmp.la ?
Hint: ./configure LIBS=libgmp.la fails, cause it can't find the other
libraries.
./configure LIBS='libgmp.la $LIBS' fails cause it doesnt like that syntax.

Any powerful insights powerfully appreciated.

Stephen.
'Google is no friend of mine'.