[gnutls-help] what exactly is gnutls 3.2.13 and 3.3.1 looking for in libgmp ??

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Apr 30 09:38:02 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:01 PM, dev <dev at cor0.com> wrote:

> configure in 3.2.13 and 3.3.1 both seem broken regarding libgmp.
>
> During configure of both 3.2.13 and 3.3.1 I get the same error
> regarding libgmp :
[...]
> However libgmp is just recently built, tested and fully up to date :
> So what exactly is this double underscore test for __gmpz_cmp about ?

gmp prefixes all its functions using double underscore. If you check
the header file you'll see something like:
#define mpz_cmp __gmpz_cmp
__GMP_DECLSPEC int mpz_cmp (mpz_srcptr, mpz_srcptr) __GMP_NOTHROW
__GMP_ATTRIBUTE_PURE;

On which platform do you compile?

> I don't see the problem.
>
> Here is foo.c :
>
> $ cat foo.c
> char __gmpz_cmp ();
> int main () {
>  return __gmpz_cmp ();
>  return 0;
> }
>
> compiles and links fine :

Did you pass the correct LDFLAGS to configure? i.e.,
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure? As gmp doesn't use pkg-config
the configure script cannot easily derive them.