[gnutls-help] what exactly is gnutls 3.2.13 and 3.3.1 looking for in libgmp ??

dev dev at cor0.com
Wed Apr 30 19:26:15 CEST 2014

On April 30, 2014 at 3:38 AM Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org>
wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:01 PM, dev <dev at cor0.com> wrote:
> >
> > configure in 3.2.13 and 3.3.1 both seem broken regarding libgmp.
> >
> > During configure of both 3.2.13 and 3.3.1 I get the same error
> > regarding libgmp :
> [...]
> > However libgmp is just recently built, tested and fully up to date :
> > So what exactly is this double underscore test for __gmpz_cmp about
> > ?
>
> gmp prefixes all its functions using double underscore. If you check
> the header file you'll see something like:
> #define mpz_cmp __gmpz_cmp
> __GMP_DECLSPEC int mpz_cmp (mpz_srcptr, mpz_srcptr) __GMP_NOTHROW
> __GMP_ATTRIBUTE_PURE;
>
> On which platform do you compile?
>
> > I don't see the problem.
> >
> > Here is foo.c :
> >
> > $ cat foo.c
> > char __gmpz_cmp ();
> > int main () {
> >  return __gmpz_cmp ();
> >  return 0;
> > }
> >
> > compiles and links fine :
>
> Did you pass the correct LDFLAGS to configure? i.e.,
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure? As gmp doesn't use pkg-config
> the configure script cannot easily derive them.

nope .. just tried with LD_FLAGS set and see this :

checking for inline... inline
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for NETTLE... yes
checking for HOGWEED... yes
checking for __gmpz_cmp in -lgmp... no
configure: error:
***
*** gmp was not found.

node002$ echo $LD_FLAGS
-L/usr/local/lib
node002$
node002$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Looks like something isn't quite right in configure.

I'll use LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the configure stage and then remove it and
try to do the compile with more stringent compiler flags and see what
else shakes loose. With a bit of work the code base could be squeaky
clean and compile everywhere.

Dennis