[gnutls-help] DTLS Handshake between server and client.

Sandeep Kumar sandeepdas.cse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:14:11 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've implemented a test program for server and client using the existing
example of gnu-tls. This program emulates DTLS handshake over SCTP.
There are several messages starting from client hello then hello verify
request etc.
All i want to know is that whether is it mandatory for server to verify the
cookie for DTLS because if its case of SCTP the same is already done while
complete SCTP Handshake.
The example which i've is originally derived from DTLS over UDP and hence
that part of code is inherited from there itself.
If i comment the cookie verify part of DTLS then gnutls_handshake(session);
of server does not entertain Client Hello request at all.
Is it because prestate not being set properly?
PFA the code of both client and server for your reference. I'm more
concerned about code starting from line 238 till 286 in
stream_sctp_server.c.
How to take out this piece of code because that's an optional part in
standard DTLS handshake.

Regards,
Sandeep