[gnutls-help] Issues with libcurl and GnuTLS 3.2

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Mon Jun 23 15:41:53 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Apollon Oikonomopoulos
<apoikos at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Please Cc me on reply, I'm not subscribed to the list. Thanks.)
> I'm trying to debug a (rather painful) issue that apparently lies either in
> libcurl, or GnuTLS 3.2. It all started out with Debian bug #751886 [1],
> where the software at hand (Ganeti) uses Haskell's FFI to call libcurl, which
> in Debian is currently linked with GnuTLS 3.2.
[...]
> I managed to obtain a few meaningful backtraces from the segfaulting instances,
> all of them consistently happening during the handshake and all of them
> with the same call trace like the one at the bottom of this message. Also,
> debug output from a corrupted and a crashed handshake follow.

Hello Apollon,
 Could you get a valgrind trace of the failed instance (with crash or
not)? I suspect there is a memory corruption somewhere and valgrind
may be better than the debugger identifying it.

>  - With the same version of libcurl (7.37.0) linked against gnutls 2.12, luxid
>    works reliably. Actually the bug appeared when Debian switched to a gnutls
>    3.2-linked version of libcurl. I tried out different combinations of
>    libcurl and GnuTLS versions, the only failing combinations were with
>    GnuTLS 3.2.

Andreas mentioned a bug sometime ago that depended on having an
application linked with both gnutls28 and gnutls26. Could that be the
issue in that case too?