[gnutls-help] Setting DH params when only gnutls_session_t is available ?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Mar 28 17:44:13 CET 2014

On 03/28/2014 05:18 AM, Hani B wrote:
> I am trying to set the Diffie-Hellman parameters in a case where the library I
> use (Libmicrohttpd) only exposes the gnutls_session_t value, but not the
> gnutls_certificate_credentials_t value (to use with gnutls_certificate_set_dh_params().)

If the session isn't already underway, i think you want to create a new
gnutls_certificate_credentials_t, configure it as you like, and then use
gnutls_credentials_set() to associate the credentials with the session.

http://gnutls.org/manual/html_node/Core-TLS-API.html#gnutls_005fcredentials_005fset

If this doesn't work for you, can you give details about the particular
circumstances, or what you've tried and how it (mis)behaved?

hope this helps,

	--dkg