[gnutls-help] "x509.c", line 2894: warning: argument #3 is incompatible with prototype:

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu May 1 00:03:48 CEST 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 15:11 -0400, dev wrote:

$ diff ./lib/includes/gnutls/x509-ext.h_backup
./lib/includes/gnutls/x509-ext.h
65c65
> <                                 unsigned int *type,
> ---
> >                                 gnutls_x509_subject_alt_name_t
> *type,

Unfortunately that can't be changed as it is already part of the API.
There could be a cast inside the function though.

> Also when I run into little things like this :
>   CCLD     libgnutls-openssl.la
> nanosleep                           .libs/gnutls_openssl.o
>   (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /lib/64/librt.so.1)
> ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors.
> No output written to .libs/libgnutls-openssl.so.27.0.2
> gmake[3]: *** [libgnutls-openssl.la] Error 2
> I know that the fix won't be in the code because nanosleep on Solaris
> needs -lrt in the link stage and I have to hack Makefile like so :

There is a check for nanosleep in librt in configure.ac which should
define NEEDS_LIBRT, and Makefile.am should append -lrt. What was the
output of the check? You should see NEEDS_LIBRT_TRUE= something in your
config.log, and the link flag should be in LTLIBRT.