[gnutls-help] "x509.c", line 2894: warning: argument #3 is incompatible with prototype:

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu May 1 00:09:37 CEST 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 17:45 -0400, dev wrote:
> I have hit a head scratch moment where I am trying to figure out
> what the intent was in  src/libopts/compat/compat.h :
>
> gmake[4]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/build/gnutls-3.3.1_SunOS5.10_sparcv9_001/src/libopts'
>   CC       libopts_la-libopts.lo
> "./compat/compat.h", line 188: error: invalid type combination

I don't quite get why the compiler complains, but I've forwarded your
mail to the autogen author of which libopts is part of. Note that the
libopts/ and gl/ directories are from the autogen and gnulib projects,
and are mostly auto-generated, so any patches there have to be forwarded
to the respective projects or will be overwritten on the next update.